Back Row (left to right):
Front Row (left to right):
Rev. Tudor O. Hughes was appointed Vicar of Cwmamman in 1933. He was fomerly Vicar of Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn. In 1942, he wrote "A Brief Survey of the Ecclesiastical Parish of Cwmamman in the Diocese of St. Davids", to commemorate the centenary of Garnant Church. In his publication, he stated that in 1942, the Clerical Staff consisted of the Vicar, three licensed Curates (Revs. A. J. Jones; R. J. Tree; T. Morris) and an Honorary Licenced Lay Reader; Mr. D. P. Rees. Tudor Hughes became Rev. Canon at St. Teilo's Church at Llandeilo in 1949.
Mr. Tom Bevan, Vicars Warden, followed in his father's footsteps as Mr. John A. Bevan had been a Warden before him. Tom Bevan relinquished his role when ill health made his journey to the church too difficult. He was succeeded by Mr. David Madge whose own father, Thomas Madge had also been Vicars Warden previously.
Rev. Ronald James Tree was a curate at Cwmamman from 1940 to 1944. After a progressive and successful career in both church and educational positions, he eventually became Archdeacon of St David's in 1968.
Thanks to Rev. Alan Maunder, Vicar of Cwmamman, for permission to display the photograph.